The Judicial Symposium on Intellectual Property (JSIP) is an annual event held in Tokyo where judges and other legal professionals from various countries discuss the latest IP topics and hold mock trials on judicial decisions relating to IP disputes.
In this the 7th symposium, the focus will be on IP Dispute Resolution in Asia.
September 15, 2023
By the Court - Mock Trial Case Materials are now available.
September 1, 2023
Registration is now open.
September 1, 2023
HP was opened to the public.
Tuesday, October 17
Wednesday, October 18
Thursday, October 19
*Participation in the symposium may be In-person or Online. Pre-registration is required to participate in both In-person and Online.
*Registration at the venue is on a first-come, first-served basis, with approximately 250 seats available.
*Please be advised that you may be reflected in photographs and videos (live and archived) while attending the symposium at the venue.
*No printed materials will be distributed at the symposium. All information will be displayed on a large screen at the venue. If you wish to view the materials at hand, please print them out or download them to your tablet device and bring them with you on the day of the symposium. The materials will be posted on the website by the day before the date of the symposium. Free Wi-Fi will be available at the venue. To avoid network traffic congestion, kindly download the materials in advance.
*Important Notice: There is no power supply at the venue.
Tuesday, October 17 13:30 - 18:00 (JST)
- Mock trials by various countries (issue: Exhaustion)
- Panel discussion (topic: IP dispute resolution at various jurisdictions)
Wednesday, October 18 13:30 - 18:00 (JST)
Ministry of Justice Part
- Keynote Speech (Efforts to combat counterfeit products and public-private partnerships)
- Panel Discussion (Measures against counterfeit products by EC sites and other platforms)
- Panel Discussion (Public-private and international cooperation to combat counterfeit products)
Thursday, October 19 13:30 - 18:00 (JST)
Patent Office Part
- Panel Discussion (Trial and Appeal practice in general in each country)
- Panel Discussion (Trial and Appeal practice in the field of advanced technology in each country)
Judges, Lawyers, Referees, Government Officials, etc. from the following countries; Japan, India, Singapore, Thailand, Republic of Korea, People's Republic of China, Viet Nam, etc. (Other ASEAN countries will participate online)
Japanese and English (Japan-English simultaneous interpretation)
1-1-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
(Tokyo Metro Kasumigaseki Station, Exit B1-b directly leads to the building)